Recently in the Miss USA 2016 competition, Miss District of Columbia was crowned the winner. Her intelligence, beauty, and confidence more than qualified her for the crown but her strength is what blows everyone away! During a statement round she said, "As a woman in the military, people associate beauty with weakness, and they learn very quickly that I'm extremely strong. And although I'm small, I'm powerful and confidently beautiful." And then later stated,"As a woman in the United States army, I think it was an amazing job by our government to allow women to integrate into every branch of the military. We are just a tough as men. As a commander of my unit, I am powerful, I am dedicated and it is important that we recognize that gender doesn't limit us in the United States Army." Her message is so important and we at the office stand for woman empowerment as well! It is important to be confident in yourself and your worth; that is what defines you as a person.



Comments

Popular Posts